We answer all those questions you may have before setting of in your Conway Camper.

What is your Covid Guarantee?

If Government guidelines do not allow overnight stays in time for your booking, then we can move your booking to a later date that is free on the availability calendar. Alternatively we can provide you with a gift voucher code to the full value paid to date that has no expiry date and you can rebook at your leisure. That way you never lose any money!

What are your  cleaning measures with regard to Covid?

All campervans are steam cleaned between hires plus all cleaning is carried out in a secure manner using high grade anti-bacterial products. High traffic surfaces are further treated using 70% alcoholic wipes and solutions for maximum safety.

What are your hours of business?

We are open 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday & Friday. You must check in between 14.00-16.00 hours and return the Campervans between 9.00-11.00 hours. This is important to allow us to safely prepare the vehicles for the next customer. 

Are your VW Tourer Campervans reliable?

Yes very! We fully service the vans regularly throughout the year, and giving them a thorough going over every time they’re returned to us.

Can I come and view them?

Yes of cause, we like showing our vans off. Best call first to make an appointment though just in case no one’s about.

If you haven’t already you can view our vans online here.

Can I leave my car with you?

Yes not a problem although we do charge a small fee. We have a gated yard where customers cars are parked at their own risk. Our Depot has CCTV cameras.

How old do I have to be to hire a camper van from you?

We’re sorry to say that you have to be 23 and less than 75 and have held a full driving licence for two years to drive our campers. It’s not us – it’s a requirement of the insurance.

Can we have more than one person listed as a driver?

Sure! Up to three drivers can be listed, cost £ 20 per additional driver.

I’ve got a few points on my licence. Is that going to be a problem?

That depends on the nature of the endorsement. Give us a call and we can talk about it. Maximum of two 3 point speeding fines/other minor offences and have had no more than one at fault accident in three years. Anything else cannot be covered by insurance and therefore the hire cannot proceed.

Can we take the camper van overseas?

Yes you can as long as your insurance covers you for abroad travel. European insurance cover is an additional £80.

Do you need a booking deposit?

Yes there’s a 25% non-refundable booking deposit before a booking can be confirmed, and the balance of the charges is then due 30 days before you’re due to hire from us.

Do I need to pay a security deposit?

Yes a security deposit of £1,000 is reserved on your card the day before you check in. Provided you bring the van back on time, clean, in the same condition as it left and with a full tank of fuel, this will be refunded within 7 days. The late charge is £105 per hour.

How do I go about booking one of your vans?

We have a simple to use online booking system so firstly just check availability, click on Bookings for the required date and campervan, register as a new customer, choose any extras you require, apply any discount code applicable, complete main driver details and choose payment option to complete your campervan booking.

Can I book additional days?

We have to say no during peak season but we may be able to help during low season.

What documents do I need to provide?

  • We need to see a card driving licence for each driver and TWO secondary address IDs that match the address on the licence – i.e. utility bill, council tax statement or bank/credit card/mortgage statements dated within 3 months of the hire date. For secondary address IDs most customers download their latest statement from their online accounts for utilities or banks which is really easy!
  • As the paper counterpart licence is no longer valid UK licence holders need to also supply a DVLA licence summary form which shows any points and endorsements on the licence. You can download this from the DVLA website.
  • If you have a paper licence only, issued before 1998, we also need to see your passport.
  • If travelling to Europe we need to see your passport also.

What about insurance?

Comprehensive motor insurance is included in the basic price, for your and our peace of mind. If you are unfortunate enough to be in an accident, you’ll have to pay the policy excess which is £1,000.

Is my personal property included in that insurance cover?

Sorry no. You are advised to take out your own personal effects and travel insurance to cover items not part of the insurance, last minute cancelations etc.

How do you feel about dogs?

Pets are allowed at an additional cost of £40 to cover deep cleaning required.

What about bikes?

We have removable bike racks that fit right to the rear of the van which can carry 2 bikes. Additional cost £ 30. Don’t forget to make sure your bike is covered by your insurance.

So what else should we be bringing with us?

We supply cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery, etc. and a Lanktoo torch / power pack.  You’ll need your own bedding, of course, along with pillows, towels, that kind of thing.