Terms & Conditions
Everything that you need to know when you’re booking one of our vans
Here's the important bits you need to know before booking...
‘The Vehicle’ The VW Conway Campers Campervan
‘This agreement’ Conway Campers Limited Terms and Conditions
‘The Customer / Hirer’ The person or persons signing this agreement
‘Main Driver’ The person responsible for the vehicle for duration of hire
‘Security Deposit’ Sum which is held to cover any liabilities
‘Additional Hire Items’ Includes awning, chairs etc and any other product or device hired in addition to the campervan
- Our insurance requires the hirer to be named as the main driver who will be the responsible person for the duration of hire, but additional drivers can be added for a small surcharge. In accordance of the conditions set out by our insurance provider, all drivers must:
- Be aged between 23 and 75 outside these parameters unfortunately we cannot hire to you due to our insurance policy restrictions
- Has held a full UK or EU driving licence for a minimum of 2 years
- Has not had their licence suspended for any period within the last 3 years
- Has not been involved in more than one fault incident within the past 3 years
- Has no more than 2 convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction.
- Has not obtained a BA,DD or UT conviction
At the time of booking a 25% non-refundable deposit is payable. Payments can be made by debit or credit card. The balance of the hire charge is due 30 days before the first day of hire when a reminder for payment will be sent in advance to the contact provided at the time of booking. Before customers take the vehicle on the day of collection, they must review and sign the rental agreement along with a “Condition Report” noting the general condition of the vehicle including cleanliness & any minor damage, confirmation of the contents being provided with the vehicle and a with a full tank of fuel. By signing the rental agreement customers accept the conditions set out in this document.
Driver Licence and Identification required in advance of collection of the vehicle & again upon collection. This applies for each customer who intends to drive the vehicle. All drivers must present:
• Both parts (where applicable) of their valid UK or EU driving licence
• 2 separate utility bills, providing proof of address dated within 3 months of the hire date
An email will be sent to you a week prior to the collection of the vehicle. Customers must pay a £1,000 refundable security deposit the day before you check in. This deposit is taken as security to cover:
- Damage, whether negligent, wilful, accidental or otherwise to the Conway Campers, it’s fixtures and fittings or any additional hire items
- Any penalty charges incurred during the period of the vehicle hire (parking tickets, speeding fines, toll road charges etc.)
- Return by post of any left items – charged at cost of postage. An administration fee may apply – A receipt available on request
- Lost or damaged keys – Replacement keys will be charged at £150 per key
The customer must irrevocably authorise Conway Campers Limited to deduct from the security deposit any amounts due by the customer to Conway Campers Limited arising out of this agreement.
The security deposit will be refunded in full within 7 working days of the vehicle being returned on time, to the correct location, undamaged, with a clean interior, a full tank of fuel and all fixtures and fittings in original condition.
We reserve the right to retain:
- A late return charge of £105.00 per hour if the van is returned after the agreed drop off time – This fee may be reduced at Conway Campers discretion, should the customer advise in advance. It is vitally important for us to manage these handovers at the agreed times
- A fuel refill charge – The vehicle will be supplied to you with a full tank of fuel and must be returned with a full tank. Otherwise the cost to refill the tank and a £30.00 refuelling fee will be applied – A receipt for fuel will be available on request
- A £45.00 valeting fee if the Conway Campers Campervan is returned in an unclean and untidy condition
- Any fees for Additional Hire Items
- An equipment deficit fee – charged at the cost to replace each missing item plus an administration charge if required – A receipt available on request
- The full deposit if any evidence of smoking is found within the campervan – All campervans are very strictly NO SMOKING
- All transactions under this agreement are conducted in pounds sterling. For customers outside the UK, exchange rate fluctuations may affect the amount initially debited against the customer’s payment card and the amount refunded. The customer agrees to release Conway Campers Limited from any liability for such variance.
In the event of a claim relating to damage to the vehicle or third party, fire or theft the hirer will be responsible for the excess. The hirer is responsible for a standard excess of £ 1000.00 which is due in each and every incident and includes loss or damage to equipment, fixtures and fittings or to third party property. The excess applies in respect of each claim. The insurance does not apply to windscreens, windows, tyres, wheels, the underside, the roof and the interior of the van, or where the driver is under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. Your liability to pay the cost of the damage will therefore not be waived in these cases and you may be liable for the full cost.
You are advised to take out your own personal effects and travel insurance to cover items not part of the insurance , last minute cancellations etc.
Conway Campers Limited are responsible for:
- Maintaining the vehicle to a high standard and ensuring that the vehicle is roadworthy, clean, suitably equipped (as detailed in our listing) and ready to rent at the start of the agreed hire period
- Providing a handover showing the customer how to use the vehicle safely and responsibly prior to departure
- Ensuring the vehicle is fully insured
- Providing breakdown cover
The customer is responsible for:
- Driving the vehicle in a careful manner in accordance with the law and as would be deemed acceptable by Conway Campers Limited
- Return the Campervan to our NN7 4ER address between 09.00-11.00 hours on day of return, there is a £ 105 per hour charge for late return unless previously agreed
- Collect the Campervan at our NN7 4ER address between 14.00-16.00 hours on check in day, there is a £ 105 per hour late charge unless previously agreed
- Any damage to the vehicle, its fixtures and fittings or Additional Hire Items during the hire period and for advising Conway Campers Limited of any damage (no matter how minor), any technical issues or any missing components which were originally supplied as part of the agreement
- Ensuring the vehicle is filled with the correct fuel during the period of hire and returned with a full tank
- Looking after the vehicle keys – Charges will apply for lost keys of £ 150.00.
- Following all health and safety guidelines when operating the vehicle or using the fixtures and fittings such as the gas cooker, heating, rotating front seats, elevating roof, entertainment system whilst driving, water and grey water disposal, parking and securing & levelling the vehicle when stationary etc.
- Supplying, fitting and using baby or child booster seats when necessary. You are legally responsible for obtaining and using a child or baby seat. For guidance please see www.gov.uk/child-car-seats-the-rules
- Informing Conway Campers Limited of any accidents or breakdowns as soon as reasonably possible and logging all accident details on the accident report forms in the glove box
- Returning the vehicle at the agreed time unless otherwise agreed in writing with Conway Campers Limited – late charges will apply at £ 105.00 per hour at our discretion
The customer must not:
- Allow the vehicle to be driven by anyone other than named drivers who have gone through the insurance approval process with Conway Campers Limited
- Carry more than 4 persons in the vehicle (including the driver)
- Take the vehicle abroad without permission and paying the overseas insurance premium
- Take the vehicle to festival events without prior consent
- Use the vehicle ‘off road’
- Tow other vehicles
- Use the bike rack for anything other than carrying bikes (maximum 4 bikes)
- Overload the vehicle or load insecurely
- Drive when under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Take animals in the vehicle without prior consent; we do have some pet friendly vehicles where dogs are allowed but are subject to a hire surcharge of £50 which covers the additional cleaning required between handovers. If evidence of pets is found in the van without the surcharge having being paid in advance, a cleaning and administration charge of £50 will be taken from the security deposit.
- Smoke in the vehicle or awning. Any evidence of this will result in a fee (see section 5 for campervan & below for awning) regardless of the cleanliness otherwise. We operate a very strict NO SMOKING policy which will be enforced in full.
- Use the vehicle for hire or reward
- Take good care of other hire items to avoid additional cleaning or replacement charges – any reported issues may be repaired at a minimal cost and will be charged at actual cost of repair plus an appropriate labour charge to arrange repair – receipt available on request; however if unreported will be charged at the full cost stated below:
- Awning deep clean (includes evidence of smoking) £100
- Awning repair (charge per unreported repair) £80
- Awning replacement (for irreparable damage) £800
- Cadac deep clean (if any cleaning required on return) £40
- Cadac repair (cost per unreported repair) £50
- Cadac replacement (for irreparable damage) £200
- Bike rack repair (charge per unreported repair) £80
- Bike rack replacement (for irreparable damage) £600
In the event of an accident, the customer must comply with the Road Traffic Act 1988 section 170 and:
- Complete the accident report form which can be found in the glove box of each vehicle
- Notify Conway Campers Limited as soon as reasonably possible
- Obtain the names and addresses of any third parties and witnesses
- Note the registration number, insurance details of any third party
- Take photographs of any relevant evidence where possible
- Make no admission of liability or offer settlement payments to other parties
- Assist Conway Campers Limited in handling any arising claim
- Agree to indemnify Conway Campers Limited if any third party suffers death, personal injury or damage to property caused by use of the vehicle that involves a breach by any driver, of any of the terms and conditions of this agreement, or the terms of Conway Campers’ insurance policy.
- • Please note that any damage to Additional Hire Items may be repairable at a minimal cost. However if unreported we will charge for any such repairs at the full cost stated in these terms and conditions section 7.
Should the vehicle breakdown, the customer must:
- Not attempt to carry out their own repairs regardless of expertise.
- Call the correct breakdown service as detailed in the handover documentation & incident report form
- Notify Conway Campers Limited as soon as reasonably possible
- Conway Campers limited do not accept liability for any costs arising from accident, breakdown or any other cause, such as replacement vehicle costs or accommodation costs.
- Conway Campers Limited will endeavour to offer a suitable replacement vehicle or refund lost hire days.
- Customers are advised to take out their own travel and personal effects insurance as this will not be covered in any vehicle insurance offered by Conway Campers Limited.
The 25% booking deposit is non-refundable under any circumstances.
If the customer fails to pay the full cost of the booking 28 days prior to hire, then the booking will be cancelled and any booking deposit paid will be retained. Should the customer then wish to rebook they will need to go through a new booking process.
If the customer fails to collect their Conway Campers Campervan on the agreed date and within the agreed times, it will be assumed that the customer has cancelled their booking and no refunds will be made.
In the event of the customer cancelling the booking, booking deposits are not transferable to alternative hire dates unless otherwise approved by Conway Campers.
If the customer is unable to produce the required documentation at the time of vehicle collection preventing the vehicle hire from proceeding, the cancellation policy will be enforced.
In the event that the hire vehicle is unavailable for reasons beyond the control of Conway Campers limited, such as the vehicle has been damaged in an accident or is undergoing urgent mechanical repairs, then Conway Campers Limited will endeavour to find a replacement option, offer alternative hire dates, or provide a full refund.
Conway Campers Limited do not accept responsibility or pay any compensation for any additional losses beyond the hire cost.
In the case of a cancellation due to government restrictions related to Covid-19, you will be offered the flexibility to move your holiday to any available date up to the end of 2021 (the ‘rebooking window’) at the stated cost for that period (if different to the original booking) with no additional charges. We will be as flexible as possible in these circumstances but, in line with our Covid-19 policy, will not offer refunds on bookings.
The customer acknowledges that Conway Campers Limited may terminate this agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time, without notification to the customer, and that the customer will pay any reasonable costs of repossessing the vehicle in the event that:
- They are in breach of any term of this agreement
- They have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation
- The vehicle appears to be abandoned
- The vehicle is not returned on the agreed date
- Conway Campers Limited considers, on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the vehicle is endangered
Parking for 1 vehicle at Conway Campers Limited’s premises is permitted during the hire period, however Conway Campers Limited accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage caused to your vehicle. The customer is responsible for ensuring that their vehicle is appropriately insured.
As part of the booking process, Conway Campers Limited will collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number. This information is necessary for booking and insurance purposes.
None of this information will be passed on to any third parties (other than Conway Campers Limited’s insurance company).
Payment details are processed through a secure system.
You will be given the option of agreeing to receive marketing information from Conway Campers Limited such as special offers and competitions in accordance with GDPR.
In order for the rental to go ahead the hirer must confirm they have read in full and agree to all Conway Campers Limited terms and conditions